Thursday, January 27, 2011

The SICK bug is at our house!

So I have been sitting on the couch not with my children but all by myself. I am under the covers because I have chills and feel feverish even though the thermometer says I am normal at 96 degrees with a cough, sore throat, nausea and congestion. So this is NOT what I wanted this week because I have things to do! I know some of you think that I might do nothing at home but I try to keep productive. But this TOTALLY affects my workout schedule and it also poses another problem of food. When I am sick I tend to eat a lot or a little and I don't want to cook! As I am thinking about dinner I cringe because the thought of making low calorie burritos and eating leftover rice because all I want to do is sleep on the couch or lay in the bed. This does not help my motivation to workout...let's just say my elliptical is collecting dust at the moment. So now I will keep my germs to myself and miss a very special night tonight with my family and continue to take medicine. I called today and requested to see my physician and she is OUT OF THE OFFICE till MONDAY!!! Now I realize that physicians need time away but why when I am sick!?!? I was told to go to the urgent care clinic but it will cost TWICE AS MUCH to see an urgent care physician at $50 a visit. Now I realize that is not a lot of money to some but to my family it is. So I will trudge through till Monday and see if I can get through this sickness myself. Does anyone else think that it is ridiculous the amount of money we pay to see a physician other than our family physician? Is anyone else sick? Lemme know! Till then I will help the boy with homework and contemplate dinner ideas. 

1 comment:

  1. Yes, Tara - there's a lot of sickness going around. I fear you're going to feel worse before you feel better :-(
    A Z-pack and a nebulizer (sp?) is what helped my hubby through this, plus Tama-Flu. Good luck.
    The exercise can wait - for a little while. Get to feeling better, then you can go at it!

    ReplyDelete