Monday, January 10, 2011

This is my second attempt...let's see how this goes.

So after I stared at my Facebook posts I thought rather than bore everyone I know I will bore people that have nothing else better to do than surf the web as I do most days! Also after I have seen a lot of my friends make blogs this year I thought I would jump on the bandwagon since I am a follower rather than a leader. Well you may ask why the blog name...it sounds so disrespectful. Well I am a girl in this big world and I am overweight. So am I a fat girl on the ranch...yes, yes I am and I am not proud of it BUT I plan on fixing the problem this year!  This year my family....my whole family... is on this weight loss kick and we plan on losing more than those pesky 10 pounds that we gained over the holidays! In this blog I want to show my trials of losing a LOT of weight and I also want to prove that it can be done without pills, surgery or hiring a personal trainer/cook/sitter/dietitian/etc. So let's have fun and remember that I mean NO DISRESPECT to anyone that may read this blog and let's try to encourage and have fun!

7 comments:

  1. I don't think it sounds offensive at all and I look forward to reading it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great, Tara!! Look forward to following you on your journey! We'll have to be more careful at lunch now. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This fat old lady on the ranch is anxious to read your story - maybe it will be the kick in the butt I need to do lose my weight, too.
    Thanks for sharing....let's hope 2011 helps us be winners at losing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here are a couple of sites that might help...
    www.kevinandamanda.com (click on my weight loss story)

    www.dwlz.com (she has an iphone app too but kinda expensive)

    www.skinnytaste.com (weight watchers recipes)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for your positive comments! I will try to be fun, informative and entertaining and make sure to invite your friends!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tara, I am so proud of you for aiming to get healthy and helping your family get healthy. I know you can do it. A wise man once told me: "The only limits are those you impose upon yourself or that you allow others to impose upon you." I wish you the best of luck!

    ReplyDelete