Tuesday, February 1, 2011

What to do when you are sick...lose weight!

Hey all I am sorry it has been over a week since I have blogged. I was down with strep throat and a sinus infection. I have not exercised in a week and I can tell. My body is worn down and tired so I will resume my exercising routine as soon as I am 100% better. Now I don't know about you but when I am sick and in the house all I want to do is eat! That is not a great idea when you are wanting to lose weight because I am not the type of person that goes to her pantry/fridge to grab a carrot, apple, salad, etc. I want sweet/salty/cheesy stuff which is why I am the way I look. All I would do is lay on the couch and eat junk food sometimes because I couldn't taste the food I would eat more...I know VERY silly of me. Well that was in the past but the new me....still wanted junk food/comfort food. So I had to realize that this was just plain silly...I mean why give yourself a double whammy of NOT exercising AND eating junk! So I had to retrain my brain and drink more water so I would feel full and then when I was hungry I ate apple slices (boats), popcorn (mini 100 cal bags), or think about looking skinny on a beach in a bathing suit in California! Now you might tell me good job...I did GREAT and yes..I did. However I had a REALLY SORE THROAT during all this so eating was not a big deal...as a matter of fact I went almost 2 days of not eating because it was painful. I ate sugar free pudding...it was VERY tasty for me but Paige hated it therefore Preston didn't try it. Now in my defense I was not deliberately trying to starve myself but I did. Now before I reveal my weight loss this week I want to tell you about my brother he is a big guy and he has lost over 20 pounds in 4 weeks! Just last week he had the same thing I did and he did not eat for 3 days and he lost 8 pounds...I lost 0.2 pounds! WHAT IN THE WORLD!!! After I got over my frustration I had to think back to my physiology class and I remembered that women HOLD ON to fat when we starve ourselves, men not so much. Now I had to think back to my OB class and remember that as women we bear children and our body keeps children healthy in the womb, even when we are not pregnant. It is natural to hold onto fat when we are not eating because the baby needs something and men are just STINKY because when they stop eating they just lose it! I am proud that I am a woman but not in this instance...I mean I am done having children and could not ever have anymore children much to the disappointment of my daughter who wants us to adopt a girl for her to have a sister. So being sick is not the best way to lose weight...in some cases and I don't recommend it because when momma is sick the house falls apart! Happy to know that my blog peeps are keeping me posted on their lives and I hope to have MORE FOLLOWERS, so come join me fight the battle of the bulge!!

No comments:

Post a Comment