Monday, January 24, 2011

To excercise or not to excercise.....that is the question!

So I have been stuck in the house for the weekend...and probably until Wednesday because I have sick kiddos. Now most people would be happy...not me! I like to go out and run errands and invent things to do but when your kids are sick the only time to leave is when they are napping. Now I LOVE to have cuddle time with each of my kids but I dislike it when they are sick...one because I don't want to be sick, the other is usually because one or both of them have a fever which in turn makes me hot and sweaty! However, I am a mother and one or both of them lay on me on the couch anyway because I would not want it any other way. So after laying on the couch with sick kids I dread having to get up and STARE at my elliptical like it is mocking me...daily!! So I jumped on and after 20 minutes I hated the torture device however I knew I would feel better. After 33 minutes and 300 calories later I felt better (and really sweaty) for not letting it mock me but killing it...as in I beat it...you know I finished the workout. So after my workout the kids were blissfully unaware that I was dying because they were watching a movie and after a quick shower I sat back on the couch and they each laid on my lap while I acted interested in Suite Life On Deck...only the 400th episode I have seen! So after 25 days and 13 pounds lost I feel good....how about you (my followers and friends) have you kept up with your resolution to loose weight/eat healthier or have you let the torture devices mock you into shame? If you have lost a fight get back up...don't let exercise get in your way....kill it...beat it...FINISH IT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment