Saturday, January 15, 2011

Weekly Weigh-in #2..comments/suggestions???

So I know that you are all on pins and needles wanting to know how much I have lost this week. Well I lost 3 pounds. I know...go me...I am excited that I am losing the weight. However, I am disappointed that I did not lose more. I am ready to see the pounds shed off like last week but I need to learn patience...right?  I mean can't we all just lose 8-10 pounds a week when we eat healthy meals and stay under 1500 calories daily and workout everyday for 30 minutes at least of cardio? Why is it that overweight people have a hard time losing weight? Why is it that it seems that when we look at ourselves in the mirror and we think we look skinny when we are in high school and slowly that body gains the weight, then gains more, and more and then it is out of control and you look around and realize I have a spouse and 2 kids and look at me! I am just saying it gets out of control so quick and now it seems that it takes it may take forever to a healthy weight. Now I am not as out of control as some people. I am sure that you have watched The Biggest Loser and the physician does a full body scan, tons of labwork, etc and you see how imperative it is to lose the weight. Well I have not had that done ,due to there is not a physician that would do all that for free, but I am sure I am headed to diabetes, heart disease, bone loss, high blood pressure, etc. As far as I know I don't have any of the above problems but I do have a low thyroid disorder. That is no excuse for me to not lose weight but could that have been caused by my obesity...something to think about! I have a long road ahead of me and I know most of you will follow me on this journey but please feel free to comment, cry with me, struggle with me or even JOIN me on changing to a healthier lifestyle. Even though I am disappointed about not losing as much weight as I wanted PLEASE know that I feel better about myself and I can feel and see a difference. On to another week and I want to work harder and lose more weight because I know there is a skinnier girl on the inside of this body waiting to come out!!

5 comments:

  1. That's great, Tara! Don't be discouraged! A safe and sustainable weight loss per week is 2 lbs so you did awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Obese people have a harder time losing weight a lot of the time because of insulin resistance. Our bodies are used to that and it is a long road to reverse it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree don't get discouraged. You have to remember even on the Biggest Loser the second week is famous for having low losses, not to mention they work out 6 to 8 hours a day! Keep it up and it will continue to come off, some weeks will be more than others; but remember you are going for a healthy lifestyle. One day at a time and don't give in to curse of the scale. I am pretty sure you are already feeling the benefits of eating less and moving more. I think I remember seeing a post on FB by you that had the words workout with a positive tone! I found a really cool website through my WW online subscription, I am going to be trying some of her recipes. If you are interested in reading her story and seeing some of her recipes you can check her out at http://bethsjourney.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Remember how long it took to put on those extra pounds? Well, it's going to take a while to gt them off, too.
    I wonder if you might consider reassessing your priorities. It's not necessarily what the scale says, it's how you feel, how your clothes are fitting, etc. It's not all numbers, but rather the total health issue. OF course, losing the pounds is a huge incentive, but speaking from experience, feeling better is more important than anything!

    ReplyDelete