Monday, February 28, 2011

Healthy Fellowship

Now I will say that this weekend I fell off the wagon on Sunday when my family had a big roast beef dinner with mashed potatoes, carrots, green beans, corn, rolls and chocolate cake. This is the same family that is having a competition on who will lose the most weight. With that being said I was very surprised that there was food left over from our feast! Now about 4 months ago I remember a family get together that we literally ate all the food and it was AMAZING how much we ate! Now a days we are trying to make healthier choices and control our portions therefore we had LOTS of potatoes left over, some meat and not many veggies left because we ate most of them. How I fell off the wagon was the cake...it was calling my name...honest! However it was ONE small slice rather than a big piece or even 2 pieces so I feel good about that...as Miss Donna tells me I need to take baby steps!! Tonight we had company over for dinner and we had grilled pork chops and baked potatoes with some tasty green beans! I knew I would be more inclined to eat good tonight so I had a weight watchers microwave meal for lunch because they were on sale for $1 a meal PLUS it is portioned controlled and healthier to eat than a hot dog or pizza for lunch! To be honest I thought I did okay except for the HUGE brownie that Dione MADE me eat...LOL! To let you know I DID workout last week AND I plan on doing it again this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment